Tennison Times

Scott, Mindy, Hayden and Jack want to welcome you to our family blog.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Getting there!

This is such a typical day with Jack. This happens almost everytime I open the fridge.
Walking behind his walker toy thing. He's doing pretty well. He can even change directions when he gets stuck at a wall or door.

He is eating peaches and bananas for lunch. He drinks from the sippy cup but hasn't mastered it quite yet. I think once he's done teething he will do better. Right now all he wants to do is gnaw on it.

Jack is getting to be such a big boy. Just in the last few days I feel like we are totally done with baby food. He loved it at first and would eat any I would give to him, but I have introduced more table foods and he so prefers that. He does really well with what I have given him and now that he has his two bottom teeth almost in, he can eat things pretty good. I am still nursing so I will probably continue that until he turns one but I think baby food is over. That's fine with me because it's much easier to give him some of whatever we are eating. He is also starting to walk behind this toy that Hayden used to walk with too. He has been pulling up for a while and walking along things but he is doing much better with this toy also. I bet he is walking within the month. I am really going to try and work on it with him. I am a little sad but also ready for him to be able to walk. Hayden walked at 11 1/2 months but I think he will be sooner that that. He still gets up during the night which is a killer but I am so used to it now that I wont know what it's like to get a full nights sleep. I am ready for him to sleep through the night but I think it's a breast feed boy thing. He is not hungry I just think it's a comfort thing because as soon as I pick him up he is back to sleep pretty quick. It would probably help if he didn't sleep with us but whatever. Hayden slept with us as a baby too and we loved it so Jack is just continuing on with that tradition. I know it's a bit controversial but that is what works for our family. They are only little once and we really don't mind it. It's a good bonding for us and we feel like we are a very close little family. Hayden loves her big girl bed so I know he will get there too. No worries! Here are a couple of pics of Jack's little milestones.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I put Christian to sleep in his bed every night, just so he knows how to fall asleep in his room on his own. Then, I grab him and take him with me when I get into bed. Taylor sleeps in my room, too. Its a community bed! haha! You're right... they are only little for a short time. I just enjoy it while I can.