Tennison Times

Scott, Mindy, Hayden and Jack want to welcome you to our family blog.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Drama!

OK, we had a bit of drama and worry over the weekend. Friday I had my Dr. appt and when they checked my blood pressure it was high... great! My urine also had some protein in it and just the day before I was complaining of blurry vision and my hands have been so swollen. All these are textbook signs of preeclampsia. My doctor did some labwork and said he wanted to start monitoring me twice a week and to come back on Monday. He said if my labs were abnormal that we may have to induce. I was freaking out because as a NICU nurse I know that a 34 weeker does ok but would have to probably stay in the hospital for a bit. Well over the weekend we had Hayden's birthday party, lots of family in so I didn't rest much. I took my blood pressure several times and it was ok but I felt like a ticking time bomb and my sweet husband kept telling me to sit down and rest, yeah right with a two year old. Anyway, I went in yesterday and my blood pressure was better and my labs were all normal. He hooked my up to the fetal monitor and we watched for a half hour or so and everything looked good. Jack was moving just a much as ever and his heart rate was good too. I did have some contractions but nothing to put me into labor over. He is going to see my twice a week and monitor the baby closely and my blood pressure and urine. I do not want another premie. Even though Hayden only had to stay two extra nights after I was discharged it was still the worst ever. I want to bring my baby home when I leave this time. I just have to take it easy and I am watching my diet as much as I can and trying to stay stress free, yeah right! I am only gonna work a few more days I think and then hopefully have him around 37-38 weeks. We will see though, it's an appt to appt thing. Anyway, just had to share our latest baby drama. Hope everyone has a good week and will update as needed.

No comments: